Last updated: 21 March 2014
Who are we?
MonsterFlights Limited (hereinafter “MonsterFlights” or “us” or “we” as the context requires) is a private limited company, registered in the UK, Edinburgh. We are a global provider of flight and travel search services, serving millions of users every month with instant online comparisons for millions of flights, as well as car hire and hotels. When our users find a deal they want, we connect them to the relevant airline or travel agent to make a booking direct with that third party. We do not take bookings ourselves or hold any details of bookings or payments.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information Collection and Use
We may collect information from you at several stages during your use of the MonsterFlights Services. We may collect and process the following information about you:
Where you are accessing the MonsterFlights Services via a computer, we may collect information about that computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type, referring URLs, page views and access times (“IP Details”). We use such information for system administration, to analyse trends, track users’ movements and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and partners. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies and Advertisements
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a “cookie” file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on our websites. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the websites. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our websites to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including our websites.
Where you access our websites or any other MonsterFlights Services using a mobile phone or other electronic device, we may use Ad-X technology to help us analyse the use of the MonsterFlights Services and to understand the effectiveness of our marketing activities. Ad-X technology generates such anonymous information by using non-persistent device ID tracking such as IDFA as well as other non-personal tracking mechanisms. Ad-X processes this information on our behalf. If you wish to opt-out of Ad-X tracking or to find out more information about how the Ad-X process this information, you can do so by clicking on https://ad-x.co.uk/dont_track.php.
We publish Google AdSense interest-based advertisements on our websites. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour across the web using cookies. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google’s Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. You can opt-out of the AdSense partner network cookie at: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html However, this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained. To ensure that an opt-out is maintained in respect of a particular browser, you should use the Google browser plug-in available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/.
Third-party companies may collect and use information about your visits to our, and other third parties’, websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
We may collect and process the following data (“Personal Information”) about you:
- where you choose to register to use our websites or certain other of the MonsterFlights Services, either through a web browser or mobile application (our “sign-in service”), we will collect certain personal information provided by you which may include your user ID, password, name and email address. Additional information may be requested in future to improve the level of service we can provide you, and to allow access to additional MonsterFlights services.
- any information that you provide by filling in forms on or through our websites or any other of the MonsterFlights Services. This includes information provided by you if subscribing to our newsletter, posting material, searching for or saving travel options or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our website our other MonsterFlights Services.
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. Where you contact us through the ‘Contact Us‘ section of our websites, your query will be routed to our customer service team through a third party service desk.
- information you provide to us when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
- information that you provide to us as a result of your connecting to our websites or other MonsterFlights Services from a third party application, social networking or other site.
When using a MonsterFlights application on a mobile phone or other electronic device, you may be prompted to provide your credit or debit card details by way of an auto-fill feature. Where you provide such details they will be stored only on the device you use to access or use the MonsterFlights application in question and will not be stored or processed by us in any way. Where you elect to make a booking with a third party provider, the credit or debit card details you provided will be used to auto-fill the relevant credit or debit card detail section on that third party provider’s website in order to make the booking process easier.
We may obtain information relating to your geographical location (“Location Data“) where you use any MonsterFlights Services. We will use such Location Data only for the purpose of identifying which airport is nearest to you at that time and will not retain this information or share it with third parties.
Use of Information
- to ensure that content from our websites and other MonsterFlights Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, mobile phone or other electronic device.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- to respond to customer support queries where you have supplied personal information.
Disclosure of Your Information
In addition, we may disclose your Information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if MonsterFlights Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MonsterFlights Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we direct you to websites of third party flight or travel provider companies for you to make bookings, we may use your Information to auto-fill selected details within the third party companies website in order to make the booking process easier and more efficient for you.
Sometimes we use third parties to process your information on our behalf. We require these third parties (some of which may be based outside of the EEA) to comply strictly with our instructions and we require that they do not use your Information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your Information in this way. Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and in compliance with applicable data protection/privacy legislation. We may also independently audit these service providers to ensure that they meet our standards.
All Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites or other MonsterFlights Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites or other MonsterFlights Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to third party websites
In order to provide you with a useful social experience when using MonsterFlights Services, we may give you the option to export/import information from/to such MonsterFlights Services to/from third party applications and websites, including social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter. Please be aware when exporting such information you may be disclosing your information to the individuals or organisations responsible for operating and maintaining such third party applications and sites and that your information may be accessible by others visiting or using those applications or sites. We do not own or operate the applications or websites that you connect with and you should review the privacy policies of such websites to make sure you are comfortable with the ways in which they use the information you share with them.
You have the right to access personal data which you have submitted through the MonsterFlights Services which are stored by us. Where you are a user of our sign-in service, you can manage or remove your information from our database by accessing your profile through the My Account area of our websites. By signing in to My Account you will have the option to manage your personal profile and preferences. The management system allows you to update or delete your information from our database. We also allow you to subscribe or unsubscribe to / from any of the email updates you have requested form the website or other MonsterFlights Services.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us by clicking here.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of up to £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is MonsterFlights Limited, and we can be contacted at the address below.
We do not want to send you unwanted email. You can opt-out from our mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in every mail we send.
Email addresses are collected via our websites (including via our Facebook and other social media pages), apps and via co-registration partners.
We use email addresses to send our weekly newsletter, and occasional special offers and deals. We sometimes run promotions with partners and competition entries may require you to provide an email address. These email addresses may be shared with the partner running the competition. In such cases, this is clearly stated in the terms of the promotion. We have no responsibility for subsequent use or distribution of email addresses by our partners.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us by email.
Or by post via the following address:
- MonsterFlights Limited
- Edinburgh, UK
Please note: We do not take bookings or hold any details of bookings or payments. If you have an enquiry regarding a booking, you must contact the airline or travel agent as we cannot assist you.